4.03.2012

I never thought I'd say this, but . . .

I think I've lost months to watching NCAA basketball. I mean, I've also been busy with friends and travel, which are great, but I feel like I've spent most of my nights this spring happily planted on my favorite bar stool in downtown Lawrence watching what has been probably my favorite KU basketball team ever. Later in the next month or two, look for posts on
  • LONDON!!!
  • Reading about London, in London
  • A few of my favorite novels so far this year
  • The Best American Poetry 2011
In the meantime, these guys--these guys I like, win or lose:
Young, Robinson, and Taylor via The Kansas City Star's championship slideshow.
Elijah Johnson on this season:
"From Day 1, we heard about how we weren't going to do this or we weren't going to do that," Johnson said. "Ever since the [Morris] twins decided they were going to the draft and we lost all our seniors -- for us to get this far with the worst-talented team that I've been a part of at Kansas, I'm proud of this team. I love this team. I'll remember this team forever."
(Tyshawn, I'll miss yoooouuuuu!)

No comments: